Best Adblock for Twitch
Ads on Twitch are nothing else and nothing more than annoying ads that pop up while you enjoy your streaming. Ads usually appear in videos at the beginning of a broadcast, showcasing a new game or movie about to be released. Do you want to get rid of them? Discover the best ad blocker for Twitch!
If the last thing you want to see is an annoying ad for something you're not interested in before enjoying your streaming, let's find out how to block all these intrusive ads. Luckily, this is much simpler than you might think. And, if you still want to continue supporting your favorite streamers, you can always make donations to their channel!
- Evaluating the Best Twitch Ad Blockers
- In-Depth Reviews of Top Twitch Ad Blockers
- Best Reasons to Block Ads on Twitch
- Ways to Block Ads on Twitch
- Comparing Ad blockers and VPNs for Twitch
- Addressing Twitch's Purple Screen Error
Evaluating the Best Twitch Ad Blockers
Discover our list of the five best ad blockers for Twitch, and keep reading to learn more about all their features to choose the one that suits your needs nicely.
Top 5 Best Twitch Ad Blockers for 2024
- Stands Adblocker is the best ad-blocking solution. It is a faithful adblocker for all devices and is available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Brave, and Vivaldi. It is 100% free and helps to enjoy safe web surfing without annoying ads, popups, and malware.
- Surfshark CleanWeb - Surfshark's multi-purpose ad blocker pulls ads before displaying the page. The blocker is part of Surfshark's CleanWeb service, which comes free with all VPN subscriptions.
- AdLock is a standalone solution with many features. Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN Threat Protection is a custom ad blocker for Twitch—a standalone ad-blocking solution for Windows, MacOS, and mobile devices.
- uBlock Origin is another great ad blocker for Twitch. uBlock Origin is a favorably practical and impressively customizable ad-blocking solution.
In-Depth Reviews of Top Twitch Ad Blockers
The most important thing to look for in any ad-blocking solution or VPN for Twitch is that it offers all the features you need to block ads without subjecting you to the dreaded purple screen of doom!
1. Stands Adblocker – The Innovative Twitch Ad Block Solution
Stands AdBlocker for Twitch is an ad blocker free Chrome attachment that eliminates all annoying ads, window crashes, and tracking on Twitch and other sites. Stands AdBlocker is the solution to experience a cleaner, faster web and block annoying ads, but it also saves traffic and speeds up page loading, prevents companies from profiling and selling your personal information online, and always maintains site functionality and appearance.
2. Total Adblock – Adblocker for Twitch
Total Adblock is another suitable ad blocker free to block all Twitch ads. This way, you can appreciate uninterrupted streaming and protect yourself and your device from dangerous online hazards. This ad blocker has an "Ads Accepted" section for customization purposes, and the user can specify which sites can still show ads or pop-ups. It also improves your page loading speed and provides summary information on how many ads have been blocked and how much data has been saved.
3. NordVPN Threat Protection – A Secure Choice
NordVPN Threat Protection is a perfect tool for blocking ads and protecting devices from malware. Whether they are in-video ads, trackers, or malware, this ad blocker will successfully block them and make your streaming fast and lag-free.
This ad blocker can remove tracking parameters attached to URL links to improve privacy. Additionally, it blocks malware and prevents infected files from being downloaded, and its protection features can be customized. With your ad blocker enabled, you'll be able to load pages much faster and get a 7-day summary of the protection of all blocked ads.
4. Surfshark CleanWeb – Budget-Friendly and Efficient
Surfshark CleanWeb is a reliable ad block for Android that ensures uninterrupted streaming on Twitch. It blocks video ads and pop-up trackers and protects against malware threats. With Surfshark's CleanWeb ad blocker, you can customize which pages still display ads, increase browsing speed, and use a safe search engine. In addition, you will also get a premium VPN. To sweeten the deal, there are also alerts for website hacks and summaries of blocked ads, malware, and other threats.
5. uBlock Origin – Free Adblock for Twitch
uBlock Origin is one of Twitch's safest and most reliable ad-blocking attachments. This is a highly effective script-blocking tool that anyone can use to prevent ads from appearing on a page. You can also set up your code in the app to quickly switch between pre- and mid-roll ads.
The free attachment is available for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. The best part is that uBlock Origin is an entirely secure, open-source privacy tool that you can use to improve your online privacy and reduce page load times (in addition to blocking Twitch ads).
Best Reasons to Block Ads on Twitch
Advertising makes much money from Twitch, a multimillion-dollar company owned by Amazon. However, blocking annoying ads is just one of the reasons why you should purchase a reliable Twitch ad blocker:
- Seamless streaming. Ads often interrupt streams; the longer the content, the more ads you'll get. An ad blocker can prevent these glitches and make the entire streaming experience smooth, lag-free, and ad-free. So, nothing will distract you from watching hours of content.
- Stop advertising subscriptions. Twitch offers a paid and free subscription with an Amazon Prime membership. However, subscribing doesn't mean you won't see ads on Twitch anymore. So, an ad blocker saves you the hassle of running ads, even if you pay money.
- Avoid loud advertising. Twitch has loud video ads that can scare you and seriously ruin your viewing experience for your favored streamer. With an ad blocker for Twitch, you can avoid screamer ads and enjoy loud and funny content from the best Twitch streamers on the platform.
Ways to Block Ads on Twitch
If you want to eliminate intrusive ads on the platform, several ways can help you block them.
- Using ad blockers: This program or browser extension blocks advertisements from being displayed on web pages. To block ads on Twitch, install an ad blocker such as Adblock vs. Adblock Plus.
- Updating ad block filters: Some Twitch ad blockers may require updating their filters to block ads properly. Update your extension or ad blocker software settings to ensure effective ad blocking on Twitch.
- Operating Twitch Turbo: Turbo is a paid subscription that offers ad-free viewing of content on the platform. By subscribing to Twitch Turbo, you can enjoy streams without ad interference.
- Disabling HTML5 playback: In some cases, disabling HTML5 playback in your browser settings can help block ads on Twitch.
- Employing an ad block List: You can find ad block lists specifically designed to block ads on Twitch. Install such an ad-blocking list and configure your ad blocker to use it.
- Installing a VPN: A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is also an effective way to block all Twitch ads. However, Twitch's advertising policy varies by country, and you can also experience some buffering when first loading the live stream.
Choose the Twitch ad block that works on Twitch best for you to enjoy a seamless browsing experience without intrusive ads.
Download an ad-blocking browser
Another way to stop ads is to use an ad-blocking browser. Some web browsers, such as Brave and Opera, provide features to prevent tracking and third-party advertising. This will allow you to watch your favored streams without restrictions. Unfortunately, this approach will not stop ads at the beginning and middle of the video.
Although the implementation is done at the browser level, an ad blocker that works on Twitch is similar to ad-blocking plugins. As a result, websites do not load properly, and pages crash.
While removing Twitch ads using a browser with an ad filter is easy and free, it is slower than other options. As a result, live streams often pause and suffer from poor video quality. Commonly used examples are Brave, Opera, and Firefox. Although Opera is not secure, Firefox does not download Twitch. Choose Brave because it's easy to set up and doesn't compromise your online solitude and safety.
Comparing Ad blockers and VPNs for Twitch
Although free VPNs are on the market, they are not entirely suited for blocking ads. Free VPNs have limited server choice and are typically inaccessible in countries where Twitch is ad-free. Also, the number of free VPNs is overloaded, and they have very irregular servers, which pushes them slow. Consequently, a free VPN will be unsuitable for HD streaming without buffering.
Yet, free VPNs tend to impose bandwidth and download limits, suggesting that (even if you find a VPN with an available server in a country without Twitch ads) it will cut you off halfway. However, these performance issues with free VPNs threaten your online privacy. Free VPNs have aggressive privacy policies that allow them to collect user data for profiling purposes.
They have also been found to be insecure, have application openness, suffer from leaks, and include spyware in their applications. This makes using a free VPN a considerable risk to your online health.
Pros and Cons of Adblockers and VPNs
You can use a VPN or install a dedicated blocking app or extension to block ads. Both of these methods have their pros and cons:
- It is possible to copy your area so that you are in a country where advertising is not shown.
- Some VPNs also include their Ad Blocker for Google Chrome.
- The best services require a paid subscription.
- This may cause a slight loss of speed on your network as your traffic is routed via the VPN provider's server.
- Low impact on system resources
- Softwares offer free or affordable versions or offer free trial periods.
- Does not open other streaming libraries or geo-referenced content.
- Twitch is actively trying to stop them from working.
Adblock vs. VPN: Which is Better?
Using an Adblocker
Ad blockers are browser extensions that block ads on Twitch and other platforms. Each popular ad blocker includes Ghostery vs. uBlock. This article will show you how to use AdBlock in Chrome browser. Either way, these steps will be the same for any ad blocker and browser combination you choose.
First, go to the AdBlock extension page and click the "Add to Chrome" button. Then click "Add Extension" in the pop-up window that appears.
Using a VPN
Another way to block ads on Twitch is to use a virtual private network (VPN) service. A VPN hides your IP address, and you can change your server location to a country like Romania or Poland, which has restrictions on advertising-related content. Many VPNs also have built-in ad-blocking features. Some popular VPNs include NordVPN and CyberGhost.
Addressing Twitch's Purple Screen Error
If you've ever encountered the dreaded purple screen while watching a Twitch stream, it's simply Twitch's telling you to stop using your ad blocker because it interferes with Twitch's code. All this is done so that the platform can make money and you can view many ads, sometimes up to 8 ads in a row.
Don't worry if you see that Twitch purple screen, though: there are ways to avoid it and prevent intrusive ads while watching your famous streamers. The easiest way to control Twitch's purple screen is to change your blocker. You may have used a free tool or a less reliable one. Therefore, investing in a trusted and reliable premium provider can ensure you can successfully block ads.
Moreover, Twitch usually offers the most advertising to people from the US, UK, Germany, and similar countries. So, if you have a VPN with an ad blocker, change your connecting country to one with fewer ads, such as Lithuania, Mexico, Panama, Poland, or other similar countries. You can also watch streams in incognito mode, which works well to avoid ads and purple screens.
Finally, you can follow your favored streamers in exchange for a promise never to see ads. However, you will still see some advertisements. An ad blocker is the best choice for watching uninterrupted streaming.
Twitch is a fantastic platform for streaming various content, including games, sports, music, and entertainment. But unfortunately, you will have to put up with the platform's intrusive advertising. But using practical ad blockers discussed in this post, you can avoid pre- and mid-roll ads on Twitch and stream uninterrupted.
While none of the programs can guarantee error-free results, they can still significantly reduce the time you spend watching commercials, enhancing your streaming knowledge. Additionally, these technologies protect your devices from malicious trackers embedded in advertisements. Thus, they are worth testing out on Twitch.
How does Adblock work on Twitch?
AdBlock For Twitch works; you don't see any ads while the video plays. All you need to do is install and use AdBlock.
Which are the best Twitch ad blockers for stream quality?
The three best ad blocks for Twitch are:
- Stands AdBlocker for Twitch is a free ad blocker for Chrome that eliminates all annoying ads, window crashes, and tracking on Twitch and other sites.
- Total Adblock is the most suitable ad-blocking solution for Twitch.
- NordVPN Threat Protection is a trustworthy ad blocker for Twitch streams.
- Surfshark CleanWeb - Budget Twitch Ad Block.
What are some common Twitch adblocking issues?
One of the most straightforward Twitch ad block solutions is to update the ad block extension. Outdated versions of ad block may not block ads effectively on sites such as Twitch.